Do You Need an Attorney for a Work Injury in D.C.?
After a serious injury at work in the District of Columbia, most people don't know where to turn. All of a sudden, you are thrown into a complicated insurance and legal system and are probably feeling out of control, worried about whether your workers comp benefits will continue and how you can get the best medical care for your work injuries.
It's often a time of uncertainty and stress, where it seems like the workers comp insurance company has the upper hand (because they do).
You see, the workers comp adjuster on your case has years of experience handling hundreds and hundreds of workers comp claims for the insurance company at a time. And as nice as she may be to you, her job is to limit the amount of workers comp benefits the insurance company pays you. That's her job.
Plus, she has access to insurance company nurses, doctors, case managers, investigators and lawyers - all of them specialists in some or all parts of the DC workers comp system.
Who do you have to guide you through this process? To help you stand up to the workers comp insurance company?
An Experienced, Qualified DC Workers Compensation Attorney Will Guide You Through The Process
Time and again we get calls from injured workers with legitimate injuries who are having difficulty with their cases because they chose the wrong lawyer - they didn't do the research to see whether the lawyer really specialized in D.C. workers comp cases. Because the system in Virginia and Maryland is much different.
Here's what to look for to get the best DC workers comp lawyer for your serious injury case:
- Publications. Has the attorney written a book on the D.C. workers comp system?
- Board Certification. D.C. workers compensation hearings are held in front of a judge, not a commissioner, and are conducted like a trial - this is much different than how it is done in Maryland and Virginia. The National Board of Trial Advocacy certifies trial attorneys who have the skill, experience and recommendations from judges and other lawyers, and pass a full day exam. You wouldn't go to an orthopedic surgeon who was not board certified would you?
- Experience. Can the attorney explain the process, make it easy for you and answer all of your questions or are you stuck with someone just out of law school?
- Philosophy. Does the attorney have one? People with serious injury cases thrive here. We help you get financial security, independence and control.
- Resources. Our clients get our proprietary Workers Comp Playbook that guides them through the process so they know what to expect every step of the way. It is confidential and not available to the public.
The Best DC Workers Compensation Attorney Will Help You Thrive
To us, that means not only maximizing the financial recovery on your case and making sure you get the best medical care for your work injuries, it means guiding you through a difficult process during a tough time in your life.
We will talk to you about what happens next - if you cannot go back to work you love doing because of your injuries, we help you plan for your future after your DC workers compensation case is over.
A lot of our former clients have used a successful DC workers compensation settlement to start a new career, a new business, or retire completely. We have a saying - don't let your case run your life, it should be the other way around.
Contact Our Experienced DC Workers Comp Team To Get A Plan For Your Workers Comp Case
We make it really easy for you to get started. Because of our experience, we can provide you with a free, no obligation strategy session to help develop a plan for your DC workers comp case.
To get started, all you have to do is call us at (202) 393 - 3320 and we'll conduct a short interview of 10-12 questions. You can also fill out our Confidential, No Obligation form here on our website and we will contact you to get started.
After that, you're welcome to come in to the office (we have free parking) but we're also available by phone and Zoom and have all the latest technology so you don't have to leave home - and we started this years ago because many of our clients have very severe injuries and its hard for them to get out.
Call us today at 202-393-3320.