My sister was hurt in a serious car accident. What type of damages or compensation are available?

Compensation for Injuries After a Car Accident in the DMV

Compensation should cover medical treatment, lost wages, bodily injury at the least.

Damages or compensation for your sister's injuries depends on the harms she suffered.  Basically, she can be compensated for what she has lost - medical expenses caused by the negligent driver, lost income and time off of work (lost wages), medical devices and medical durable goods (like a wheelchair) her injuries require. She may also be compensated for the pain, distress, permanent injury, and disfigurement the accident caused.

The amount of compensation or damages depends on the extent of the injuries. Severe injuries often require extensive medical treatment and costs, future medical care and treatment and result in significant lost income.  If that is the case, the compensation required to make up for these harms, caused by the negligent driver, can be substantial.

There is a lot to factor in - and you need to investigate the other driver's insurance information or other sources of insurance to make sure there is enough coverage to pay for the serious injuries - surgery, hospitalizations and rehab costs add up in a hurry, especially if you can't work because of your injuries.

Do you have questions about what you can recover after being in a serious auto accident? Don't wait to give us a call at 202-393-3320. You will speak to a real person today who wants to hear your story. And there's no cost or obligation to you - it's completely confidential, no obligation and of course, absolutely no pressure.