All insurance companies have one thing in common; they want to minimize their number of claims and pay out as few claims as possible. It would be a ridiculous business model if they didn't.
All business seek to maximize their profits, but it shouldn't be at the expense of making good on the promises you make to good people paying their premiums.
There is no exception for ERISA long-Term disability, workers' compensation and serious car accident claims in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
Here are a five things that these types of claims all have in common.
1. The insurance companies are always protecting their bottom line, and usually not looking out for your interest;
2. Generally, insurance adjusters are trained to find ways to limit your claim;
3. You can be scheduled for an independent medical exam in all types of claims (though it's far more common in long-term disability and workers' compensation).
4. You can settle your case at the end of the medical treatment for a lump-sum.
5. Donahoe Kearney, LLP can help you maximize your benefits and settlement value on all of them.