I was hurt at work in D.C. What forms should I file for my worker’s compensation claim and when should I file them?

Get The Help You Need Now
Contact us directly 202-393-3320

D.C. has two forms that need to be file in any worker’s compensation case: the Employee’s Notice of Injury, also called Form 7, and the Employee’s Claim form, also called Form 7A. Anyone hurt at work in the District of Columbia should file both.

When workers are injured on the job, they assume that their employers will provide them with all the information needed to file for worker’s compensation. They naturally assume that they are properly protecting their rights by simply doing what their employers tell them to do.

However, many times, employers don’t do all that is necessary to protect their workers’ rights. 

Filing for worker’s compensation is not easy. Many times, you have insurance companies and your own employer against you. So you need to get all the information you can.  Read Protect Your Rights: The Ultimate Guide to D.C. Workers' Compensation, The Union Worker's Guide, or one of our short, easy to read reports like 5 Mistakes that Will Absolutely Kill Your Worker's Compensation Case. 

You can also call us at 202-393-3320 to find the basics. We reserve times every week to talk to people with questions – no obligation, cost, etc. So call to schedule a short phone call so we can answer your questions and get you the information you need.

Don’t wait. Talk to us early in the process so we can stop you from making mistakes that may cost you hundreds of dollars each week. 

Frank R. Kearney, Attorney-at-Law
Connect with me
Experienced DC Workers' Comp, Long Term Disability & Accident Lawyer