- Research attorneys. Read what they have written. Order any publication they have.
- Get a referral from an attorney that you know. He or she will probably know some who specializes in accident cases.
- The Yellow Pages can give you a lot of names...but do you want a lawyer who advertises in the phone book or on TV? (Insurance companies, judges and jurors know who those lawyers are)
- Your local bar association may have a lawyer service. Just keep in mind that attorneys pay to be listed in various specialties.
- Interview several attorneys. You'll get a sense of pretty quickly who is genuine and who has the experience, skills and resources to help and who is running a "settlement mill" with hundreds of cases going and paralegals doing everything. We even have a worksheet you can download and take with you to the interview.
- Read what other clients have said about the attorney and law firm.
- Run away from an attorney who cold calls you or solicits you. Fast.
Be aware of any attorney who has a stable of doctors he wants to refer you to. It's OK to get a referral to a specialist health care provider, but run from any attorney who has a stack of doctor or chiropractor cards in his office.
These are just a few tips we offer our clients. For a more detailed list and more information on accident cases in the D.C. area and finding the best attorney in D.C., Maryland or Virginia for you and your family, request a copy of our FREE book: The Ultimate Guide to Accident Cases In The DC Metro Area.
You can get your free, no obligation copy to read in the privacy of your own home by either sending us an email or giving us a call at [email protected] and (202) 393-3320.