You Deserve the Best D.C. Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Driving through the city today on the way to work I saw a massive ad on the side of a bus for an attorney I have never heard of. And since all we do is handle medical malpractice and other serious injury or death cases for people (children, families, patients, workers) we pretty much know everyone.
So it got me thinking - do people with serious, significant injuries get a medical malpractice lawyer from the side of a bus? This guy sure isn't handling DC medical malpractice cases himself - he won't be your lawyer.
Choosing the right medical malpractice lawyer is critical.
What if your child has cerebral palsy and needs medical care and attention for the rest of his life and you won't be here to take care of him?
What if your spouse has brain damage and can't walk, talk, or feed himself but you can tell he hears you and understands some by looking in his eyes?
Or you are paralyzed and can't work again and provide for your family, not to mention have to modify your home (or buy a new one) to live safely?
Those are the types of medical malpractice cases our law firm handles. The most life changing, incredibly serious, important and sometimes heartbreaking aspects of life after a major injury or medical condition.
So if you're looking for a lawyer to help you because of medical malpractice, there's a better way. Do the research to get the best fit for you and your family.
How Do You Find an Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyer in DC?
It doesn't take long. All lawyers have a track record. You can find out pretty quickly:
- Whether the lawyer is Board Certified (approximately 1% of lawyers nationwide are Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy). This is not some "award" you buy and stick on your website - it requires recommendations by judges, an all day exam and significant courtroom experience just to apply.
- Whether they are a specialist in this type of case (or do they handle all kinds of cases?)
- How many medical malpractice cases they have gone to trial on and settled in DC, Maryland and Virginia.
- How well they know the medicine and science that will apply in your specific case.
- What real people they have helped with medical malpractice cases have to say about working with them.
- Whether they have published books, guides, reports and other information about medical malpractice cases, resources or other topics that can help you.
There are a lot of questions to ask any attorney about qualifications and experience that you're thinking of hiring of course. Don't hesitate to ask them. Remember, this isn't like buying a car - at least here, we're trying to build a relationship with people we can help. And for the people and families we help with medical malpractice cases, it's a lifetime relationship (don't think you get that from the side of a bus advertisement or TV commercial...)
Why take a chance with an inexperienced medical malpractice lawyer?
If you have a serious injury or medical condition where you can't earn a living and need to pay for a lot of medical treatment over your lifetime, why would you trust your chance at funding your needs through a medical malpractice case to a lawyer you saw on TV or on the side of a bus?
Do your research to make the best decision for you and your family. Call us today at 202-393-3320 and see what we have to offer.
And if we're not the best choice of lawyers for your medical malpractice case in DC, Maryland or VA, we'll tell you that!