You Must First Give Notice of Intent to Sue a DC Area Hospital or Practitioner

If you've had a devastating injury and the expert physicians analysis says it was caused by medical mistakes, you have to first give notice of your intention to file the lawsuit against the doctor or hospital before filing the case. Technically, you have 3 years unless it happens to a child - a child has until age 21 in most cases.

How Do You Actually Sue a Doctor or Hospital for Medical Malpractice in DC? 

You can do this yourself, but be careful. And if you hire a lawyer to do it be careful. Many lawyers don't know the rules for how and when to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. A medical malpractice case can help you and your family get everything you need after a terrible injury and loss that should have never happened to you and your family. But make sure you have the right people on your side in order to help you success because it can be a very long, expensive, and arduous process.

Contact Our Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyers Today

We specialize in this type of law so of course, we know everything about how it work in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Learn more about who we are and what we do by calling 202-393-3320. We file for the people we represent, of course.  But even before that, we "work the case up" for you - we help you determine what you'll need in the future and how much it will cost - getting you everything you need is our goal from the beginning. 

But you never want to wait or delay - it takes time to prepare everything the right way for you, so don't wait until the last minute, because even if you have a great case, we (and most lawyers we know) won't be able to help - there just won't be enough time to do it right.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment